These dinner recipes are Becky and Allison approved and easy to make.
Let us know what some of your favorite dinner recipes are in the comments!
Quinoa Bowl with Roasted Veggies and Feta
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Quinoa Bowl with Roasted Veggies and Feta (from savoryonline.com)
14 oz package butternut squash
10 oz package broccoli florets
1 red onion, cut into wedges
5 tbsp olive oil
1 cup uncooked quinoa
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp finely chopped fresh thyme
¼ cup dried cranberries
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Cut the butternut squash into small cubes. Add to baking sheet with the broccoli and red onion. Drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil over the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, until vegetables are tender
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa according to package directions. Drain, if needed.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, thyme, and remaining 3 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. When roasted vegetables are done, add to bowl, tossing to combine.
- Divide quinoa among 4 bowls. Spoon roasted vegetable mixture over quinoa. Top with the dried cranberries and feta cheese.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup (from allrecipes.com)
2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
4 cups water
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 green onion, chopped
4 teaspoons of low sodium chicken bouillon
4 teaspoons dried parsley
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon black pepper
6 ounces egg noodles
- Place chicken, water, celery, carrots, green onion, chicken bouillon, parsley, bay leaf, seasoned salt, dried basil, and pepper into the bottom of a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- When you get home, you can turn on the crockpot to warm until you’re ready to eat.
- Remove and discard the bay leaf. Remove the chicken and shred using 2 forks. Return to the pot and stir in egg noodles.
- Cover and turn slow cooker back on low until noodles are tender, 20 – 30 minutes more.
Shepard’s Pie (from Make it Fast, Cook it Slow by Shephanie Odea)
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium onion, chopped finely
½ teaspoon seasoned salt
½ teaspoon onion powder
Black pepper to taste
½ teaspoon paprika
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 cup frozen corn
1 cup water
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 cups mashed potatoes (leftover or fresh)
- Cook the ground turkey and onion on a stovetop and drain the excess fat. Stir in the salt, spices, and garlic in the turkey.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker and place the turkey, peas, corn, and water inside. Add 2 cups of cheese on top.
- Press the mashed potatoes down on top of the cheese and meat.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Remove the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes to allow the potatoes to brown a bit on top. Serve and enjoy!
Cornflake Chicken (from AllRecipes.com)
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 cups cornflake cereal
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir milk, egg, flour, and seasonings together in a bowl
- Cut up chicken into smaller pieces, then dredge each piece into milk mixture and roll in cornflakes to coat.
- Transfer to greased baking sheet.
- Cook thoroughly, about 25 – 30 minutes.